Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2013 Preview and AutoCAD Blocks with Attributes

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
klhill-anthc
4544 Views, 22 Replies

Visual Studio 2013 Preview and AutoCAD Blocks with Attributes

I am testing the Visual Studio 2013 Preview, and have found an interesting result.  I have an AutoCAD drawing that has a Block with Attributes in it.  I can open the drawing using AutoCAD 2014, Civil3D 2014, etc. and the block appears fine showing all the appropriate attributes.  However, if I launch AutoCAD or Civil3D 2014 using a project in Visual Studio 2013, then open the same drawing containing the Block with attributes, all of the attributes are invisible.  I can see linework in the block, but the attributes don't show in the drawing editor.  If I select the linework of the block, and look at it's properties, the attributes are there and the values are correct.  The only difference is that I launched Autocad from inside Visual Studio instead of just opening the drawing directly without Visual Studio.

Interestingly, I can launch AutoCAD 2014 and open the drawing with no problem if I use Visual Studio 2010.

I have attached a sample of the drawing containing the block with attributes.

Is anyone else having that problem?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
tanerpro
in reply to: klhill-anthc

Hello,

I am using Autocad 2012, windows 7 x64 English and got the the same problem, you see undefined shapes in the command line. Everything works fine when starting autocad normally, but you don't see any attributes in the debug started autocad, whether you insert them manually or programmatically. In VS2012 everything works fine.

Regards,

Message 22 of 23
samirbittar
in reply to: klhill-anthc

Hi everyone.

There's a new post on Kean Walmsley's blog explaining why are we having issues with AutoCAD when debugging it from VS 2013.

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2013/11/debugging-autocad-using-visua...

Message 23 of 23
hgasty1001
in reply to: samirbittar

Hi,

I'm not sure, because I've made not enough testing yet, but if you setup the project with the solution3 in this link : hitting breakpoints , AND you set the Acad project properties with Use Legacy Managed Engine (as Jason Booth comment in Kean's blog), AND you set the debugger type to Managed (v4.5, v4.0), then you can hit breakpoints, and even call the Style command.

VS2013.png

My platform: Win 8.1 x64

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost