Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.Net AutoCAD 2012 Runtime.CommandMethod missing from acdbmgd.dll

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
genscripter
2228 Views, 3 Replies

VB.Net AutoCAD 2012 Runtime.CommandMethod missing from acdbmgd.dll

I just upgraded to 2012 and installed all the latest AutoCAD, ACAD developer tools for VB.Net.  I noticed that when I type Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime....., I used to get it to autocomplete to "CommandMethod" in older version.  However in the 2012 version, CommandMethod and CommandMethodAttribute are missing from the Reference.  I found them in the latest arxmgd.chm, but they are missing from my Object Browser in Visual Studio 2010. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing.  This is really basic stuff, so I'm completely lost why it doesn't work in 2012. 

Here you can see I'm missing the CommandMethod method:

20111209_OB.png

And here it is in the CHM:  (I downloaded the 2012 ObjectARX, but it still says "ObjectARX for AutoCAD 2011," I'm hoping it's just a typo.)

20111209_CHM.png

0001D LLC. Where Design, Genetics, and Technology Overlap www.0001design.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: genscripter

Look in the Acmgd.dll for these. Your screenshot shows you ar eunde rthe AcDbmgd.dll

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
genscripter
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yep.  Thanks for the note.  That was it.  I just rechecked my References page on VS2010, and even though i originally loaded the acmgd, i guess it just got unloaded mysteriously.  🙂

0001D LLC. Where Design, Genetics, and Technology Overlap www.0001design.com
Message 4 of 4
bhagya.h2393
in reply to: genscripter

hello sir.

i have to create a feature of autocad using vb.net in a week. i am very new to the language and finding it difficult to execute. i have found the programs but not able to perform all the downloads necessary. could you please suggest where i have to look for downloading libraries so i can finish my project?

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost