.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[VB.NET] Autocad 2012 / 2013 Hatch explode (with very small size between lines)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AdriDicri
1023 Views, 1 Reply

[VB.NET] Autocad 2012 / 2013 Hatch explode (with very small size between lines)

Hello everyone !

I've encountered a problem with autocad. For some reasons, i've read that, for sparing some CPU charge, when I draw a hatch with very small space between lines (for my project, i need 0.001 mm of space between lines, coz we use lasers to drill very small holes into materials, and i'm pilotting the lasers with our addon for autocad), the hatch is like a solid hatch, and if i explodes it, it gave me nothing. (but i need the lines from the exploding)

If the space is bigger, if I explodes  the hatch, i've got lines.

So, i'm searching for a method to explode this hatch with very small space.

I found something, but it's veeeeeery long ! I've to move to the center of the hatch, then zoom on it (maximum) then explode the hatch. and with this, i've got my lines. But as I said, it's veeeery long.

I've also read that i needed to use an instruction :

(setenv “MaxHatch” “1000000”)

but the result is the same.

Can someone help me to do this?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english, french is my mothertongue

Adri Dicri

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artvegas
in reply to: AdriDicri

Interesting problem. How about creating the lines yourself using the boundary geometry? If you can obtain the boundary curves and then find the interesections with your lines, then this should give you complete control so that you aren't reliant on the inner workings of the AutoCAD explode mechanism.

To get the boundaries you can get the hatch loops from the hatch itself or perhaps use the Editor.TraceBoundary() method as outlined in the following post:
http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/06/tracing-a-boundary-defined-by...

Another alternative might be to scale the hatch and its pattern scale up to a size that can be safely exploded, and then scale the exploded geometry back down to the original size.

Art

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost