Did you mean: 

Two AutoCAD drawing comparison

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mzakiralam
3469 Views, 9 Replies

Two AutoCAD drawing comparison

Hi All,

I want to do some coding which will compare that 2 autocad drawings are identical or not? Can anybody help me in this regard. Hints with VB code will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

zakir

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@mzakiralam wrote:

I want to do some coding which will compare that 2 autocad drawings are identical or not? Can anybody help me in this regard. Hints with VB code will be appreciated.

If you can explain in great detail what is "identical drawings", then you may be able to get help.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 10

Suppose, I have one drawing. Now I make a copy of it.  Afterwards I delete few lines from it. I want to compare these 2 drawings whether they are similar or not? The comparison result should tell me that this is not similar. Because I have delete something from the copied drawing. If I do not delete any lines from the copied drawing, then the comparison should tell me  that two drawings are same. This is what I want to mean.

Message 4 of 10

@mzakiralam wrote:

... If I do not delete any lines from the copied drawing, then the comparison should tell me  that two drawings are same...

If everything were that simple ...

1. What about you add new lines to drawing?

2. What about you change layer of lines?

3. What about you change color of line?

4. What about you combine some lines in block or group?

5. What about you change properties of dwg-file (Title, Subject, Author, Revision...)?

6. etc...etc..etc..

I try to explain how difficult this task in the general case.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 10

You are right. Any change in the duplicated drawing should be reported and should give a message that drawings are not similar.

Message 6 of 10
djonio
in reply to: mzakiralam

zakir,

IMHO Mr. Rivilis is trying to tell you this would be a HUGE, almost undoable task. If so I would agree with him.

as some would say ... "Your eyes are bigger than your wallet."

r,

dennis 

Message 7 of 10
Alexander.Rivilis
in reply to: djonio

@djonio wrote:

zakir,

IMHO Mr. Rivilis is trying to tell you this would be a HUGE, almost undoable task. If so I would agree with him.

as some would say ... "Your eyes are bigger than your wallet."

r,

dennis 

This is exactly that I wanted to say. But my English is not allowed so beautifully and laconically describe the situation. Smiley Tongue

Zakir. You can begin with this topic: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=39991.0

Expert Elite Member

Message 8 of 10

Yeah I understand that. This is why my first sentence was "You are right". First I only consider the drawing structure. That is why I was optimistic.

Message 9 of 10
mzakiralam

Thanks any way for your link 🙂

Message 10 of 10
jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost