.NET

Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

Twist UCS

102 Views, 1 Replies
08-07-2006 05:58 PM
I am trying do get started using

Dim db As DatabaseServices.Database = acadApp.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Database
Dim trans As DatabaseServices.Transaction = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction
Dim docLock As DocumentLock = acadApp.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.LockDocument(DocumentLockMode.Write, "CrosshairAlignmentMagLevel", "CrosshairAlignmentMagLevel", True)

Dim ucsTbl As UcsTable = DirectCast(trans.GetObject(db.UcsTableId, DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForWrite, False), UcsTable)
Dim ucsRec As UcsTableRecord = DirectCast(trans.GetObject(ucsTbl(UcsTableRecord.ModelSpace), DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForWrite, False), UcsTableRecord)

ucsRec.Origin = New Point3d(19, 109, -55)
ucsRec.XAxis = New Vector3d(1, 0, 0)
ucsRec.YAxis = New Vector3d(0, 1, 0)

I seem to be having trouble accesing the UCSRableRecord so I can move and twist the UCS and update the database.

Should I be looking to do a dllimport on AcDbUCSTableRecord. There is no mention of adjusting a UCS in .net but it's done in the ARX group.

Thanks for any input in advance

Max
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: Twist UCS

08-07-2006 10:07 PM in reply to: MBarnes
I found a mistake in that line and fixed it

Dim ucsRec As UcsTableRecord = DirectCast(trans.GetObject(ucsTbl("testUCS"), DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForWrite, False), UcsTableRecord)

I can now access the UCS and apply methods to it, it takes all the parameters I pass to it (origin, xAxis, yAxis)......

After the transaction is completed the UCS does not move, even tried a regen but somethings still wrong

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community