Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thematic based on attribution

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
newautocad123
529 Views, 5 Replies

Thematic based on attribution

Is it possible to do Thematic based on attribution display for  a layer.

For eg: I have a layer called CIty with object data for name, country, etc. I would like to display a common symbol for all city points in ASIA, a different symbol or color for others etc. how can it be done with autocad.

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Thematic_Snapshot-ex.jpg

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

what product do you have as base? If you have AutoCAD Map3D (or AutoCAD Civil3D that includes the Map-functionality) then you can do that without development.

If you have plaine AutoCAD, then scan through the symbols, evaluate the attribute you have reserved for the continent (I would better us a polyline with the continent-border and look if the point-symbol is inside in what continent) and then use a block-insert with the symbol you like.

As I don't think you wanted anyone to write this now for you (for free), I guess your question was just the workflow, or are there any detailed questions open? If so, ask for these (with a more detailed question) 😉

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6

hi,

The product is AutoCAD Map3D.

I want it to be displayed the image above. I do not know from where to start with. hence trying to google out some help and also posted the same here.

If it could be elaborted as how it can be done, I could try it out.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

>> The product is AutoCAD Map3D.

Ok, if I would have read your initial post more exactly I would have recognized the word "objectdata" so, yes, it was clear

The would be the way without development, just use standard Map3D-functionality (FDO):

• Export your data as SDF (or as SHP), don't forget to include the data (like objectdata where you have stored the attributive information).
  • Then use command _MAPCONNECT to connect to this SDF(SHP) data
  • Make the thematic stylization (look to >>>this video<<< as one of many to be found on www).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

With SHP connection, I am able to display the Thematic styles.

But I would like to do this for dwg file with object data attached. Is it possible? Do I  need to create to create some form type interface and do some similar coding ? 

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost