Did you mean: 

SymBBAuto not working in 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
smccoywm
1374 Views, 6 Replies

SymBBAuto not working in 2014

I am trying to call the following line in VB.net but with the release of 2014 this piece of code no longer works.

symbb = odwg.Application.GetInterfaceObject("SymBBAuto.McadSymbolBBMgr.5")

Has anyone else experienced this or now of a fix?

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
amanero
in reply to: smccoywm

Hello Scott,

Have you tried putting an "6" instead of the "5"?

Regards,

Luis Alberto Manero, Geograma.com
Message 3 of 7
smccoywm

Thank you for the reply. I did try 6. In fact I tried all numbers 1 to 9 and no number works.

Message 4 of 7
amanero

I'm not sure but, have you seen this?

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/07/sometimes-getinterfaceobjectsymbbautomcadsymbolb...

Luis Alberto Manero, Geograma.com
Message 5 of 7
smccoywm

Luis,

Thank you for the link. I tried to follow the instructions but I get the following error that GetInterfaceObject does not exist in AcadmAuto. That call only exists in basic AutoCAD and I cannot get AutoCAD interop to connect to symBBAuto even though I have sucessfully done it that way in the last 5 releases.

mAcmApp = (AcadmApplication)mAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AcadmAuto.AcadmApplication.2");

//Get symbol manager     
mSymMgr = (McadSymbolBBMgr)mAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("SymBBAuto.McadSymbolBBMgr.4");   

Scott A. McCoy

Message 6 of 7
smccoywm

Problem solved! Thanks to Wayne with AutoDesk. Turns out that when installing Acad 2014 the symBBAuto did not register. Running "AutoCAD 2014 installation path>\Acadm\enu\symbbautoreg.exe" did the trick. Hope this helps if anyone else encounters this problem.

Scott McCoy

Message 7 of 7
rexresolme

I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2019 and when I tried to install symbbautoreg.exe from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\Acadm\enu\

The installer does nothing, it doesn't even open. Also tried installing it using the command prompt.

Could it be that AutoDesk has stopped supporting this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost