Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Code...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sunburned.surveyor
186 Views, 3 Replies

Sharing Code...

I wanted to follow up my previous post with another one about sharing code. I am going to be working on some code for a number of AutoCAD extras. These extras will be written using the AutoCAD .NET API. (As an example, I am currently working on a little dialog that allows you to label the northing, easting, and elevation of a point selected in model space. I'm also sketching out some code that will allow for the automatic creation of layouts for a map book or atlas.)

Is there any interest in sharing this type of code under an open source license? Is there an existing project of repository where this is already being done?

Thanks,

Scott Huey
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

i don't know of any repositories, but i think this and your last post are a good idea. Besides, i'm always willing to help out a fellow surveyor too.

What Version of AutoCAD are we talking about here?

-Mark P.
Message 3 of 4

Mark,

It isn't often that I meet another surveyor that slings a little code. :]

I've currently got 2007 and 2008 installed on my machine. My company is making the move to 2008. I've also got 2004 installed, but I don't think you can get into a DotNET API in that version.

I'm running Civil 3D and Map 3D in 2007 and 2008, but for the time being I am going to be writing functionality for "vanilla" AutoCAD.

If there is no existing repository for open source AutoCAD .NET API code I will make a place for it on my SurveyOS Project SVN repository at SourceForge.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott Message was edited by: Sunburned Surveyor
Message 4 of 4

Well, i'm using Land Development Desktop and Map 3D 2006 right now (i have 07 for both, and i think my company will be transitioning to C3D 08 as well), but all my code functions inside straight AutoCAD as well.

Let me know what utilities you have in mind. There is a lot of existing code out there that could probably be amended pretty easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost