Setting the text styles in a table

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
laurie.comerford
2676 Views, 10 Replies

Setting the text styles in a table

Hi,

I've found nearly everything I need to draw my tables, but cannot find how to set the text styles for the Title, Header and Data cells.

There must be a way, but it is hidden under an obscure method or property title which I can't identify or find on the internet or in the Object Browser.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

Regards

Laurie Comerford
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jeff
in reply to: laurie.comerford

TableStyle.SetTextStyle()

Link

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 3 of 11
jeff
in reply to: jeff

Also can  try

Table.Cells[row,column].TextStyleId = id;

Message 4 of 11
laurie.comerford

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that, but I'm still unable to get going.

The SetTextStyle method requires I pass it an ObjectID, but gives no indication as to which Object the ObjectID applies.

Do you know of some sample code I could look at?

Regards

Laurie Comerford
Message 5 of 11
jeff
in reply to: laurie.comerford

ID of the the textstyle

This function sets the table object to use the TextStyleTableRecord specified by ID for the specified row types. Different row types can be OR'ed.

Message 6 of 11
jeff

Here is a example if you have the 3 textstyles in code named

<CommandMethod("SetTextStyleInTable")> _
        Public Sub SetTextStyleInTable()
            Dim doc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
            Dim db As Database = doc.Database
            Dim ed As Editor = doc.Editor

Using trx As Transaction = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Dim txtTbl As TextStyleTable = trx.GetObject(db.TextStyleTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)

Dim tbl As New Table()
                tbl.TableStyle = db.Tablestyle
                Dim tblStyle As TableStyle = trx.GetObject(tbl.TableStyle, OpenMode.ForWrite)

tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("TitleText"), RowType.TitleRow)
                tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("HeaderText"), RowType.HeaderRow)
                tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("DataText"), RowType.DataRow)

tbl.Position = Point3d.Origin

tbl.Cells(0, 0).TextString = "TITLE"

tbl.InsertColumns(0, 5, 1)

tbl.InsertRows(1, 2, 1)
                tbl.Rows(1).Style = "Header"
                tbl.Cells(1, 0).TextString = "Header"

tbl.InsertRows(2, 1, 1)
                tbl.Rows(2).Style = "Data"
                tbl.Cells(2, 0).TextString = "Data"

tbl.InsertRowsAndInherit(3, 2, 10)

Dim bt As BlockTable = trx.GetObject(db.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)
                Dim modelBtr As BlockTableRecord = trx.GetObject(bt(BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace), OpenMode.ForWrite)

modelBtr.AppendEntity(tbl)
                trx.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(tbl, True)
                trx.Commit()

End Using

End Sub

Message 7 of 11
laurie.comerford

Hi Jeff,

Thanks as always.  I'm up and running now.

For any one else using this code, they need to be aware that the TextStyles "TitleText", "HeaderText" and "DataText" need to be available in a complete solution.

Regards

Laurie Comerford
Message 8 of 11
mgorecki

Hi Jeff.  I have looked all over for information regarding creating tables in AutoCad 2010, but have not found much.  The stuff I found is all obsolete.  So when I found your post I had to use some of it, but I have some questions.  Here is your code, changed a bit for my circumstance:

Public Sub AddTable(ByVal dwg_scale As Double, ByVal dwgTextHeight As Double)
        Dim doc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
        Dim db As Database = doc.Database
        Dim ed As Editor = doc.Editor

Using tableTrans As Transaction = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
            Dim txtTbl As TextStyleTable = tableTrans.GetObject(db.TextStyleTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)
            Dim smdTable As New Table()
            smdTable.TableStyle = db.Tablestyle
            Dim tblStyle As TableStyle = tableTrans.GetObject(smdTable.TableStyle, OpenMode.ForWrite)
            Dim cellHgt As Double, smdCol0Width As Double, smdCol1Width As Double
            Dim smdCol2Width As Double, smdCol3Width As Double, smdCol4Width As Double, tableLocX As Double, tableLoc As Point3d

cellHgt = dwgTextHeight * 2
            smdCol0Width = 9.0 * dwg_scale
            smdCol1Width = 13.5 * dwg_scale
            smdCol2Width = 13.5 * dwg_scale
            smdCol3Width = 16.2 * dwg_scale
            smdCol4Width = 21.3 * dwg_scale
            tableLocX = (((smdCol0Width + smdCol1Width + smdCol2Width + smdCol3Width + smdCol4Width) / 2.0) * -1)
            tableLoc = New Point3d(tableLocX, 0, 0)

tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("Romans"), RowType.TitleRow)
            tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("Romans"), RowType.HeaderRow)
            tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("Romans"), RowType.DataRow)

smdTable.Position = tableLoc
            smdTable.Cells(0, 0).TextString = "DISCRETE COMPONENTS"
            smdTable.InsertRows(1, cellHgt, 2)
            smdTable.InsertColumns(0, smdCol0Width, 1)
            smdTable.InsertColumns(1, smdCol1Width, 1)
            smdTable.InsertColumns(2, smdCol2Width, 1)
            smdTable.InsertColumns(3, smdCol3Width, 1)
            smdTable.InsertColumns(4, smdCol4Width, 1)
            smdTable.DeleteColumns(5, 1)
            smdTable.Rows(1).Style = "Header"
            smdTable.Rows(2).Style = "Data"
            smdTable.Cells.Alignment = CellAlignment.MiddleCenter
            smdTable.Cells.TextHeight = dwgTextHeight
            smdTable.Cells(1, 0).TextString = "ITEM NO."
            smdTable.Cells(1, 1).TextString = "X"
            smdTable.Cells(1, 2).TextString = "Y"
            smdTable.Cells(1, 3).TextString = "Z (HEIGHT)"
            smdTable.Cells(1, 4).TextString = "COMPONENT TYPE"

Dim bt As BlockTable = tableTrans.GetObject(db.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)
            Dim smdTableBtr As BlockTableRecord = tableTrans.GetObject(bt(BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace), OpenMode.ForWrite)

smdTableBtr.AppendEntity(smdTable)
            tableTrans.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(smdTable, True)
            tableTrans.Commit()

End Using

End Sub

I just want to create a table that has the title = "DISCRETE COMPONENTS".  The headers to be "ITEM NO.", "X", "Y", ... and then a blank row below the header row.

I also want the all the cells to have the same text height (dwgTextHeight) and be middle center justified.  I believe I have it all in that code, but for some reason the title is the only text that is coming in with the correct text height.  I have the text style ROMANS set to the value in "dwgTextHeight".  The text height for the header and data rows is coming in at the default 0.18. 

The header row is middle center justified which is good, but the data row is not justified.

Can you help me out with this?  I've been trying all sorts of combinations of stuff and now my eyes are bleeding.

Thanks,
Mark

Message 9 of 11
Hallex
in reply to: mgorecki

Your code is working good enough not ideal though sorry

Here is just quickly edited attempt of mine

Here is nap time for me so I can't to rewrite it completely

Try this out:

{code}

Public Sub AddTable(ByVal dwg_scale As Double, ByVal dwgTextHeight As Double)         Dim doc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument         Dim db As Database = doc.Database         Dim ed As Editor = doc.Editor

Using tableTrans As Transaction = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()             Dim txtTbl As TextStyleTable = tableTrans.GetObject(db.TextStyleTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)             Dim smdTable As New Table()             smdTable.TableStyle = db.Tablestyle             Dim tblStyle As TableStyle = tableTrans.GetObject(smdTable.TableStyle, OpenMode.ForWrite)             Dim cellHgt As Double, smdCol0Width As Double, smdCol1Width As Double             Dim smdCol2Width As Double, smdCol3Width As Double, smdCol4Width As Double, tableLocX As Double, tableLoc As Point3d

cellHgt = dwgTextHeight * 2             smdCol0Width = 9.0 * dwg_scale             smdCol1Width = 13.5 * dwg_scale             smdCol2Width = 13.5 * dwg_scale             smdCol3Width = 16.2 * dwg_scale             smdCol4Width = 21.3 * dwg_scale             tableLocX = (((smdCol0Width + smdCol1Width + smdCol2Width + smdCol3Width + smdCol4Width) / 2.0) * -1)             tableLoc = New Point3d(tableLocX, 0, 0)

tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("Romans"), RowType.TitleRow)             tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("Romans"), RowType.HeaderRow)             tblStyle.SetTextStyle(txtTbl("Romans"), RowType.DataRow)             smdTable.Rows(0).Style = "Title"             smdTable.Position = tableLoc             smdTable.Cells(0, 0).TextString = "DISCRETE COMPONENTS"             smdTable.InsertRows(1, cellHgt, 2)             smdTable.InsertColumns(0, smdCol0Width, 1)             smdTable.InsertColumns(1, smdCol1Width, 1)             smdTable.InsertColumns(2, smdCol2Width, 1)             smdTable.InsertColumns(3, smdCol3Width, 1)             smdTable.InsertColumns(4, smdCol4Width, 1)             smdTable.DeleteColumns(5, 1)             smdTable.Rows(1).Style = "Header"             smdTable.Rows(1).TextHeight = dwgTextHeight             smdTable.Rows(2).Style = "Data"             smdTable.Rows(2).TextHeight = dwgTextHeight             smdTable.Rows(1).Alignment = CellAlignment.MiddleCenter             smdTable.Rows(2).Alignment = CellAlignment.MiddleCenter             smdTable.Cells.Alignment = CellAlignment.MiddleCenter             smdTable.Cells.TextHeight = dwgTextHeight             smdTable.Cells(1, 0).TextString = "ITEM NO."             smdTable.Cells(1, 1).TextString = "X"             smdTable.Cells(1, 2).TextString = "Y"             smdTable.Cells(1, 3).TextString = "Z (HEIGHT)"             smdTable.Cells(1, 4).TextString = "COMPONENT TYPE"             smdTable.Cells(2, 0).TextString = 1             smdTable.Cells(2, 1).TextString = 1.2345             smdTable.Cells(2, 2).TextString = 2.3456             smdTable.Cells(2, 3).TextString = 0.0             smdTable.Cells(2, 4).TextString = "SOME TYPE"             Dim bt As BlockTable = tableTrans.GetObject(db.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)             Dim smdTableBtr As BlockTableRecord = tableTrans.GetObject(bt(BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace), OpenMode.ForWrite)

smdTableBtr.AppendEntity(smdTable)             tableTrans.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(smdTable, True)             tableTrans.Commit()

End Using

End Sub

{code}

~'J'~

in reply to: Hallex

Hi Hallex,

Thank you very much.  That did the trick and my eyes have stopped bleeding.

Have a great day.

Mark

Message 11 of 11
Hallex
in reply to: mgorecki

Glad I could help

Hapy vbneting 🙂

~'J'~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost