Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting attributes of current viewport

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
myspambox111
530 Views, 2 Replies

Setting attributes of current viewport

I'm trying to simply edit the default viewport in a layout that I've created. I can't seem to find any threads that were successful or answered about this. I need to set the scale, size and linetype of the viewport. When I've tried, the viewport has simply not changed. I'm afraid im not getting the current viewport. Im using ed.activeviewportid hoping that its associated with the current layout as specified by layoutmanager???

Help appreciated as always!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
myspambox111
in reply to: myspambox111

Dim myLM As LayoutManagermyLM = LayoutManager.Current

Dim sheet1 As Layout = myLM.CreateLayout("Sheet1").GetObject(OpenMode.ForWrite)

Dim vport As Viewport = trans.GetObject(sheet1.GetViewports(1), OpenMode.ForWrite)
This works for getting the viewport where sheet1 is the name of my layout. I was then able to access the viewport methods.
I am confused about a problem with my viewport scale. When I set the scale to half inch:

vport.StandardScale = StandardScaleType.Scale1To2inchAnd1ft

it removes the annotation found within my viewport. If I then manually click the scale after the drawing is loaded, the annotation appears. Seems buggy but perhaps I need to refresh something to get the annotation to automatically reappear.
Message 3 of 3
adadnet
in reply to: myspambox111

thanks for sharing that, it did help a lot.

using the transaction to get the viewport(1) has made all the difference, probably because there's two showing up from the parent layout's .getviewports.count method, which complicates matters when trying to retrieve the one viewport via the layout's blocktablerecord.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost