Setting Break Points

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mgorecki
1611 Views, 7 Replies

Setting Break Points

Hello,

I'm using VB.Net in Visual Studio version 2010 with AutoCad 2010.  I haven't had a problem with this before, but now it seems that the program ignores break points that I set in the code when I'm trying to debug.  I just want to pause the code and add a "watch" to a variable.

Anyone have a step by step way to do this as the msn method isn't working.

Thanks,

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mgorecki

Hi,

>> I haven't had a problem with this before

So this project was already working in the debugger?

Additional questions:

• your project-type is a DLL (or an EXE)?
  • have you added any references that are not valid for 32bit or 64bit, whatever AutoCAD-option you have?
  • Have you made Framework 3.5 active (which would be the same as AutoCAD 2010 works with) or have you assigned 4.0?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
adadnet
Message 4 of 8
AubelecBE

if you have VS2010 EXpress you need to add this manualy in the 'file NameOfYouProject'.vbproj  :

<StartAction>Program</StartAction>
    <StartProgram>c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\acad.exe</StartProgram>

after the line :

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">

and after :

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' ">

the site http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/t......    is for a registered VS2010. so Solution 1 and 3 you cant do this.

For Solution 2 it a file in your 'C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010' if you have this path for autocad.

Message 5 of 8
mgorecki
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello Alfred,

My project is a .dll.

I believe the only references I added were AcDbMgd.dll and AcMgd.dll from ObjectARX 2010, inc-x64.

As for the framework, where do I find that information?

Thanks,

Mark

Message 6 of 8
mgorecki
in reply to: adadnet

Hello Felix,

Thank you for the link, but I'm a newbie at VB.Net and I'm not sure my program is what they are talking about.  I don't see a "solution" in the Solution Explorer (see pics).

Thanks,

Mark

Message 7 of 8
adadnet

hi mark

sorry that was a bit short - i remember that what i did at the time was what kean refers to as solution 2 and that is allocate the acad configuration file, which doesn't contain much more than kean shows, and change the version to 4.0, in my case. i think this version then needs to conform to the project's target framework: project -> project properties to open the properties tab, highlight compile, scroll down and choose advanced compile options -> set your target framework at the bottom. (i hope that will see you through)

felix

Message 8 of 8
mgorecki
in reply to: adadnet

Hi Felix,

I did what you did.  I copied the text from Keans site (step 2) and put it in my acad.exe.config file.  That did the trick.

Thanks,
Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost