If Err.Number > 0 Then

Err.Clear()

'' Create a new instance of AutoCAD

acAppComObj = CreateObject(strProgId)

'' Check to see if an instance of AutoCAD was created

If Err.Number > 0 Then 

Err.Clear()

'' If an instance of AutoCAD is not created then message and exit

MsgBox("Instance of 'AutoCAD.Application' could not be created.")

Return

EndIf

EndIf

'' Display the application and return the name and version

acAppComObj.Visible =True

'' Get the active document

Dim acDocComObj AsAcadDocument

acDocComObj = acAppComObj.ActiveDocument

'' Optionally, load your assembly and start your command or if your assembly is demandloaded, simply start the command of your in-process assembly.

acDocComObj.SendCommand("(command " & Chr(34) & "NETLOAD" & Chr(34) & " "       Chr(34) & "H://x64/Debug/octr_dwg_cmd.dll" & Chr(34) & ") ")

acDocComObj.SendCommand("(xxx " & Chr(34) & "ss" & Chr(34) & ") ")

EndSub

The code execute à LISP function from octr_dwg_cmd.dll and produce the following:

(xxx "ss") System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80200033): Erreur de fichier
   à System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   à Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.DocumentCollectionExtension.Add(DocumentCollection docCol, String templateFileName)
   à octr_dwg_cmd.Module1.octr_dwg(String FichierZip) dans H:\developpement\octr_dwg_cmd\octr_dwg_cmd\Module1.vb:ligne 12
   à octr_dwg_cmd.octr_dwg_cmd.MyCommands.MyLispFunction(ResultBuffer args) dans H:\developpement\octr_dwg_cmd\octr_dwg_cmd\myCommands.vb:ligne 76
   à Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorker(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   à Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorkerWithExceptionFilter(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   à Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.PerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Boolean bLispFunction)
   à Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.InvokeLisp(); erreur: Demande ADS erronée

When I input at the command line of AutoCAD the same (xxx "ss"), the result is OK. The problem occurs whit the SendCommand of my EXE program.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: pcardinal

One possible reason is that the AutoCAD session does not have an ActiveDocument, thus,

acDocComObj could be Nothing, so, the call to

acDocuComObj.SendCommand() will fail.

For example, when your code starts, if there is no existing Acad session, your code call CreateObject() to create an AutoCAD session. In this case, AutoCAD does not automatically add a new blank drawing, thus, after the Acad Session is created by CreateObject(), it is likely acAppComObj.ActiveDocument is nothing, hence the error.

So, you want to test if AcadApplication.ActiveDocument is Nothing or not, or you can tell if there is document by testing if AcadApplication.Documents.Count=0.

Message 3 of 4
pcardinal
in reply to: norman.yuan

I have an Active Document because I use it to call SendCommand (and I have no problem to load my DLL)

Dim strProgId As String = "AutoCAD.Application.19"

Dim acAppComObj As AcadApplication = CreateObject(strProgId)

Dim acDocComObj As AcadDocument = acAppComObj.ActiveDocument

acDocComObj.SendCommand(...)

The problem seems to be in my DLL where I am creating a New Doc (acNewDoc). When the new doc is created, it seems that there is a problem loading the template (AutoCAD returns garbage in the Command window).

code in my DLL creating the problem

Dim acDocMgr AsDocumentCollection = Application.DocumentManager

Dim acNewDoc AsDocument = DocumentCollectionExtension.Add(acDocMgr,acad.dwt")

DocumentExtension.CloseAndDiscard(acNewDoc)

Strange because like I mentionned it, I have no problem to execute the function from the command line of AutoCAD by typing it but having problem executing it from an EXE.

Message 4 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: pcardinal

Hello,

How is the new document related to the Lisp callable command that the .Net assembly implements.

Can you provide a buildable sample project to demonstrate the issue ?

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost