Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample .NET Source Code

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sinc
298 Views, 1 Reply

Sample .NET Source Code

The new Sincpac-C3D 2008 Free Edition v1.0 has been released, along with new Source Code! See Quux Software for details and download.

There are three projects included in one solution (using VS 2008 C# Express). Two of the included projects work only with Civil-3D, but the AcadUtilities one should be using only the core managed DLLs, and should work in any Autodesk product (although I haven't tried them in anything but Civil-3D). Obviously, you would need to relink the references, and then try to figure out how to use the code by looking at the other two projects. At some point, I'll try to get a Vanilla-only download put together with some sample commands.

This library is currently in the process of being shifted over from a somewhat clunky approach that I first used, into a much-nicer component-based approach. As such, it is subject to change significantly in the future. Parts of the frameworks are still implemented in a "messy" way, and other parts are implemented with the new components, so you can see the difference by comparing different commands. It is much easier to customize Autocad when you can simply grab a combo box that lets the user select a layer by name and/or pick a layer in the drawing and/or create a new layer, and just drag-n-drop it onto a form, and have all that functionality working without writing any code. All that grungy stuff involving managing lists in combo boxes, etc., is all done once, in the components, and then just drag-n-dropped into everything else.

Eventually, I'll also get some measure of documentation put together, as well. And it is all written in C#, so you VBers need to translate if you want to use it. But if you are trying to figure out how to customize an Autodesk product with .NET, you may find it very useful. And it is being released under a very loose license, so you may even use it in commercial development, with only the lightest of restrictions. This is a gift to the community, in the interests of furthering the general knowledge in the community at large.

Enjoy!
Sinc
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

sinc,
thank you for your efforts! I will be very happy to soak in any information you have to offer in regards to picking up .net c# for Autocad Customization.

R. Good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost