.NET

Active Contributor
BellwetherBill
Message 1 of 3 (207 Views)

Return an AssocVariable By Name

207 Views, 2 Replies
02-15-2012 11:08 AM

Is there a way to get an AssocVarible by specifying the name of the variable rather than iterating through all the Actions returned by the AssocNetwork.GetActions property?

Active Contributor
BellwetherBill
Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: Return an AssocVariable By Name

02-16-2012 03:45 PM in reply to: BellwetherBill

So let me rephrase my question. I am trying to figure out a way to access AssocVariables within blocks along with the top level of the ACAD_ASSOCNETWORK without selecting the entities on screen.

I can see the AcDbAssocNetwork objects that I want in the namedobjects dictionary using the ArxDebug tool and I can get to the AssocVariables but using the AssocNetwork.GetInstancesFromObject(Symbolutil(db),true,true,"") only seams to give me access to the top level AssocVariables and not the variables associated with blocks and nested inside AssocArrays.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Active Contributor
BellwetherBill
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Return an AssocVariable By Name

02-19-2012 10:59 AM in reply to: BellwetherBill

I have attached some test code as a text file so it's easier to read. I'm not sure if the ultimate implementation will work the way I want but this is what I have so far.

I would appreciate any feedback.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community