Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealDWG and Inventor DWG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cadsupport
445 Views, 4 Replies

RealDWG and Inventor DWG

Hello, we want to switch from IDW to Inventor DWG. The reason is that we want to get rid of converting IDW to DWG by jobprocessors. Our CAM software is only capable of reading DWG. Today there is some pre-processing done by some script when opening a dwg in the CAM software. This script will identify certain patterns and AutoCAD elements (circles, shapes etc.) and will replace them with a simplified geometry or just remove them. This script uses the OpenDWG library. Unfortunately this library does not support Inventor DWG. Does someone know if RealDWG will also read Inventor DWG? The homepage just says it supports Inventor, but that could also mean saving to a AutoCAD DWG from Inventor. Best regards Erik
Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: cadsupport

Hello,

RealDWG can read DWG files created by any host application that uses RealDWG to create them.

Inventor is one such host application that uses RealDWG.

If you can please share a non-confidential sample Inventor drawing file and let me know which information you are interested in retrieving,

I can quickly test using RealDWG.

I have attached a very simple Inventor drawing that I have tried and the data read using RealDWG.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
cadsupport
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Dear Balaji, attached you find an example of a Inventor DWG. For us it would be necessary to filter some of the holes and threads. Our current tool for AutoCAD DWG works like this: It searches the drawing for certain elements according to a list and deletes or replaces these element. For examples "delete all circles with diameter 4.2" or "replace all circles with diameter 4.134 with an AutoCAD block X" Best regards Erik Gilsdorf
Message 4 of 5
cadsupport

This board software is horrible.Not only all my rich text formatting is removed once I click "reply", I cannot attach any files neither. I tried with Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Message 5 of 5
Balaji_Ram

Hello,

Sorry, I had another task that I had to work on.

I dont have any issues attaching files and I use the Chrome browser.

If you cannot attach it here, can you email it to me ?

My email id is balaji dot ramamoorthy at autodesk.com

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost