Did you mean: 

Programatically Adding Vertcal Dimensions Outside of Extension Lines

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mgorecki
345 Views, 1 Reply

Programatically Adding Vertcal Dimensions Outside of Extension Lines

Hello,

I have programs that at some point or another create dimensions for what was drawn.  There is an issue I'm hoping someone can help me with though.  When you have a vertical dimension that doesn't fit between the extension lines, it will either go up and to the right or down and to the left. 

I can change it manually by selecting the dimension and then right click and pick Dim Text position > Move with leader.

What I want to know is, is there a way to set the vertical dimension where you want it programatically?  I would like to put the vertical dimension down and to the right of the arrows if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adadnet
in reply to: mgorecki

hi mark

under 'autocad 2011 help' - system variables - section d you find a long list of the system variables associated with dimensions together with a short description, eg DIMATFIT, DIMTMOVE, DIMTOH etc:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesACR/WS73099cc142f48755-1c09418211f25b18dc4-4d9b.htm

these, i'd think all or most of them, are analogously properties of the dimension object so they can be looked up in the object explorer.

hope this is of help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost