Did you mean: 

Process mutiple drawing files with AutoCAD interface hidden

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
michael.collins2
601 Views, 2 Replies

Process mutiple drawing files with AutoCAD interface hidden

I am trying to create a C# program to do batch Title Block attribute updates on selected AutoCAD drawings.

What I would like to do is keep the AutoCAD interface hidden, and just display my custom form which would allow the user to select the drawings that they wish to process.

And then the custom program would load each drawing behind the scenes and update the Title Block attributes, but the AutoCAD interface would remain hidden.

Is something like this possible with AutoCAD 2010?  Are there any examples doing something like this (showing a custom form at startup, etc.)?

PS We do have newer versions of AutoCAD available if needed.  Our engineers use AutoCAD 2010, but we could use a newer version for this standalone tool which would only be used by 1 or 2 people.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@michael.collins2 wrote:
... We do have newer versions of AutoCAD available if needed.  Our engineers use AutoCAD 2010, but we could use a newer version for this standalone tool which would only be used by 1 or 2 people...

AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 has AcCoreConsole - it can help you.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 3

Thanks Alexander.  This looks like just the ticket.  I am downloading AutoCAD 2014 right now :-).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost