Did you mean: 

Problem trying to call a form

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stevenelliott3894
434 Views, 2 Replies

Problem trying to call a form

I get the following error when I try to call a form using ShowModalDialog(MyForm):

Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

I've tried different syntax. I've even rebuilt my project from scrap (because this is a conversion of a VBA module... it had a sloppy start). Nothing helps.

I've never had so many problems trying to program anything in the last 30 years as I have run into with AutoCAD's .Net API.

If I wasn't already bald, I would be tearing my hair out!

Please, help me or shoot me. Either choice would be a relief at this point.

Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Is your form on a network server?  That looks like a code access security message.  Search here for CASPOL or move the form to a local drive.

Message 3 of 3

That was, indeed, the problem. I moved the source from my area on the server (which is backed up) to my local drive (which isn't backed up), and I got past that error. Other errors came up, but it's early in the debugging process and hopefully they will all be 'normal' errors.

Thanks for the help!

Now, if only Microsoft had all their error messages make a bit more sense..... <sigh>

Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost