Problem creating .NET dll for Autocad OEM 2010

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jgehrken
831 Views, 3 Replies

Problem creating .NET dll for Autocad OEM 2010

Hello,

I try to get a .NET dll working with Autocad OEM 2010 and use the EllipseJig-Sample from the arx samples.

It seems very simple:

- add AcMgd and AcDbMgd from the Autocad OEM Main Dir

- compile project

- set up OEM Make Wizard and adding EllipseJig.dll as Module using 'Build with: BindDll' and 'Build Destination: Exe'

Executing Build leads to an error in the stamp.bat where it cannot find the patch string. On closer inspection it tries to execute patcher.exe in order to translate AOEM.EXE or AOEMAOEM.EXE to <myOEMName>.exe, but neither string is included in the dll.

I tried variations, but failed too:

- using Autocad OEM 2011 (taking libs from there, using 2011 make wizard etc.)

- using AcMgd/AcDbMgd from subdir arc/inc-win32

I think it is just a simple oversight somewhere. Documentation does not lead anywhere, either the .NET parts pertain only to normal Autocad, or if it is for OEM, it concentrates on ObjectArx or Lisp. I didn't found much info on creating .NET dlls. The bits I found made me think that adding lib references to the correct OEM libs should solve the problem, but it doesn't.

Does anyone know where my problem is?

Best regards,

Jörg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: jgehrken

Off the top of my head, I believe you should be using BindMgd - not BindDLL - to bind a .NET assembly DLL.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
jgehrken
in reply to: StephenPreston

Thanks for the info. I tried that and got it to work.

I have other problems, but as it pertains to OEM, I'll contact support.

Best regards.

Message 4 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: jgehrken

BTW As you're an ADN member, you might like to read the information here so that my team can recognize you as an ADN member on the forum and so that you can more easily escalate your forum posts to us if you're not getting an answer - http://adn.autodesk.com/adn/servlet/item?siteID=4814862&id=22170101

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost