Valued Contributor
ognyandim
Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem calling WCF Service from within AutoCAD 2012

305 Views, 2 Replies
01-01-2012 02:52 PM

Hello everybody!

I am experiencing a strange problem and I suppose it is because of some technical detail that I dont currently know.

I have done the first chapter from Windows Communication Foundation 4 Step by Step.

I have built myself a simple service and separete console client that talks with the service and it goes pretty well.

I have made absolutley the same client inside AutoCAD 2012 x64 and tried to call the service and I receive the following error provided on screenshot.

I have provided both codes for you to see. Can you explain the problem? If you provide me a link to something I will be greatful.

Valued Contributor
ognyandim
Message 2 of 3 (300 Views)

Re: Problem calling WCF Service from within AutoCAD 2012

01-01-2012 03:39 PM in reply to: ognyandim

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2008/01/turning-autocad.html - Kean implemented a thing that calls outside in another way, but that is not exactly what I am looking for.

Valued Contributor
ognyandim
Message 3 of 3 (297 Views)

Re: Problem calling WCF Service from within AutoCAD 2012

01-01-2012 04:16 PM in reply to: ognyandim

I am going to answer it here myself.

We need the app.config loaded. When we have Conosle Client App the config is loaded, but when we make a library client ( .dll that we have to NETLOAD ) it is not loaded anywhere and therefore the config is unavailible.

I have solved my problem by pasting the configuration in acad.exe.config. That way my WCF client config is availible the to .dll which is hosted inside AutoCAD.

Here I have found a pretty good intro video for WCF hosted inside AutoCAD. ( Mine was outside of AutoCAD ) :

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=event_class&jid=610987&session_id=7182

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community