.NET

.NET

Valued Mentor
KerryBrown
Message 31 of 48 (385 Views)

Re: Overrule a specific subentity in block and not showing the Base.

08-18-2012 04:50 PM in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

DiningPhilosopher wrote:

JanetDavidson wrote:

Unfortunately  He passed away . TT  is a Fake Tony. This Group will miss him a lot.

OMG. Where did you hear this?  I'm sorry to hear about that.

Hey, that's 3 sentences !

//-------------------------------------------------------

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Distinguished Contributor
JanetDavidson
Message 32 of 48 (377 Views)

08-18-2012 08:53 PM in reply to: KerryBrown

His X-coworker

Valued Mentor
DiningPhilosopher
Message 33 of 48 (368 Views)

08-19-2012 01:15 AM in reply to: JanetDavidson

JanetDavidson wrote:

His X-coworker

And might I ask who that would be?

JanetDavidson
Message 34 of 48 (341 Views)

08-19-2012 04:37 PM in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

That is What I been told. Sorry  Can't reveal  name here.

The fact is he couldn't tolerate to leave people unanswered. He left his name permanent here in Autodesk Forum.

I really call him Master and so much respect for him . Who doesn't use his CommandLine Class  among us?

Bet everybody use it ,and everytime it is hit , is like another blessing for him. Guess the subject of this thread is going to be changed and I would rather subject stay on overrule .

Cheers

Janet.

TonyTanzillo
Message 35 of 48 (337 Views)

08-19-2012 05:17 PM in reply to: JanetDavidson

LOL  :smileylol:

Distinguished Mentor
owenwengerd
Message 36 of 48 (330 Views)

08-19-2012 06:38 PM in reply to: JanetDavidson

I'm curious how you met Tony's co-worker. I heard that Tony worked for the CIA, so do you work for the CIA as well? That must be interesting. I guess they make you use fake names. I wonder what Tony's real name was. Ah well, such a shame, we'll certainly miss him.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
JanetDavidson
Message 37 of 48 (327 Views)

08-19-2012 07:00 PM in reply to: owenwengerd

Gentlemen, Please, Don't contaminate this thread.

CIA. That was funny.

If this person is Tony why he doesn't have any solution for my problem.

Tony always had a work around for our problem. Plus where is his website?

Janet,

*Expert Elite*
chiefbraincloud
Message 38 of 48 (318 Views)

08-19-2012 08:15 PM in reply to: JanetDavidson

Tony's coworker seems a bit of a stretch, as I thought he was in business for himself.  You know, CadZone.com.  But the CIA thing is completely out there.  (I mean completely unbelievable)

I have been unrespondant to this thread since Thursday, because I had a personal issue on Friday, and didn't make it in to work, so I couldn't test the latest solution provided by Stephen, I will be back in to work tomorrow, but I can not promise that I will be able to spend time on this issue.  I will try.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
JanetDavidson
Message 39 of 48 (313 Views)

08-19-2012 08:46 PM in reply to: chiefbraincloud

Hi chief, I  have  the same respect for you because of all the helps you have done for me. It was several times you rescued me. Hop you don't  .....  Like him. heehehehehehe.

Apart from name , that is the info I got (Don't' know right or wrong ). He used to work in AutoDesk. Then he was fired.

Don't know why but I bet because if his temper. Even in his writing you could feel that.

If that is true  it was a big loss for autodesk. Smart people could realize his positive attitude  behind his bad temper.

Why did they let him go .

But the thing is he was caring and and his intension was to teach. If somebody claims to know better than him then he would put you down like ....  . 

Anyways, get back to work , I tested Stephen Code. I explained what the problem is with his code  in my previous posts.

Thanks Chief and Stephen for all their concern again.

Regards,

Janet

Valued Mentor
DiningPhilosopher
Message 40 of 48 (247 Views)

08-21-2012 03:00 AM in reply to: StephenPreston

StephenPreston wrote:

@DiningPhilosopher - Using Geometry.Draw() and then Disposing of the Entity will normally work fine in a 2D shademode. But it normally crashes in a 3D shademode. But don't take my word for it - try it - if you can't make it crash, then by all means disregard my advice.

Hi. No need to try it, I've had production code running in the field for years that would be crashing routinely if what you say above were true. The geometry generated by Geometry.Draw() has no dependence on the in-memory object passed as the parameter. It is like a rubber-stamp and can be used and discarded immediately.

Also, in the code you posted, you seem to be contradicting your claim:

using (Circle c = new Circle())
{
   c.Center = aLine.StartPoint+ 0.5*aLine.Delta;
   c.Radius = 0.5* aLine.Length;
   c.Normal = aLine.Normal;
   c.WorldDraw(wd);
}

The same code from which the above excerpt was taken also has some other major problems.

First, you're not supposed to call Drawable.WorldDraw() directly on a Drawable, that is what Geometry.Draw() is for, and the reason is because Geometry.Draw() properly caches the generated graphics. 

Also, that same code has a serious bug, which is that corrupts the transformation stack becase you call PushModelTransform() and exit the method without calling PopModelTransform().

And, one more minor point: Here are three equally-correct ways to turn off or 'unset' a bit or flag in a binary-encoded number representing  a set of flags (e.g., the result of SetAttributes()) in VB.NET:

' Three correct ways to turn off or 'unset' a bit
' or flag in a binary-encoded ordinal number:
Dim x As Integer = 4906 x &= Not 32 x = x & Not 32 x = x And Not 32 ' In C#: int x = 4096 x &= ~ 32; x = x & ~ 32;

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.