.NET

Distinguished Contributor
jbooth
Message 1 of 2 (67 Views)

ObjectArx for Autocad 2000-2004

67 Views, 1 Replies
03-28-2006 01:51 PM
Hello,

I am currently working on a project that uses the ObjectArx .NET wrappers for use with AutoCad 2006. However, we can not force all of our licensed users to use AutoCad 2006 (they currently have 2002).

I originally tried using COM interop to handle these machines, but have lost some functionality given by ObjectArx (speed as well). I have now hit a point where creating a seperate native ObjectArx class (or at least creating a wrapper class) for the older versions of AutoCad is more desirable than simply using COM.

I believe it is possible to call this native code through a managed language (like C# or VB.NET), but I am not entirely sure how to do it. My first problem is that I do not know which libraries I need to include/reference to get me started. Using marshalling techniques, it should be possible to go back and forth between managed and unmanaged code.

I have some experience using C++, but would rather avoid it since none of the other developers on my team are familiar with it. If anyone here could help me out with this issue, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JB.
Distinguished Contributor
jbooth
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Re: ObjectArx for Autocad 2000-2004

04-03-2006 07:30 AM in reply to: jbooth
This subject has been picked up in the ObjectArx forum, please disregard this thread.

Thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community