Did you mean: 

ObjectArx for Autocad 2000-2004

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jbooth
188 Views, 1 Reply

ObjectArx for Autocad 2000-2004

Hello,

I am currently working on a project that uses the ObjectArx .NET wrappers for use with AutoCad 2006. However, we can not force all of our licensed users to use AutoCad 2006 (they currently have 2002).

I originally tried using COM interop to handle these machines, but have lost some functionality given by ObjectArx (speed as well). I have now hit a point where creating a seperate native ObjectArx class (or at least creating a wrapper class) for the older versions of AutoCad is more desirable than simply using COM.

I believe it is possible to call this native code through a managed language (like C# or VB.NET), but I am not entirely sure how to do it. My first problem is that I do not know which libraries I need to include/reference to get me started. Using marshalling techniques, it should be possible to go back and forth between managed and unmanaged code.

I have some experience using C++, but would rather avoid it since none of the other developers on my team are familiar with it. If anyone here could help me out with this issue, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JB.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jbooth
in reply to: jbooth

This subject has been picked up in the ObjectArx forum, please disregard this thread.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost