Did you mean: 

.NET framework 1.0

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karenina
253 Views, 3 Replies

.NET framework 1.0

Hello there.

I am trying to develop a AutoCAD 2005 plugin using .NET framework 1.0 (C#). I am encountering some problems with the speed of my window forms (in a normal Windows application, everything is fine, but when using under AutoCAD, they are very very slow).
Is there any way I can solve this problem?
I cannot use 1.1, since it is a huge application and it is not my decision to take, so I have to find some way to solve the problem.

I tried telling AutoCAD through the config file that he must use v 1.0, but no improvements.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ChrisArps
in reply to: karenina

Are you referring to the first time the form shows or every time?

There will be a hit when the first dotnet code is run as the framework has to be loaded. You can see the same slowdown running the layer command for the first time in a new session.

I have a lot of dotnet forms in ADT/Autocad2005 and have no problems with speed versus a standalone .exe.

Chris Arps
Message 3 of 4
karenina

Not only the first time, but all the time. My problem is actually more complex, since my plugin must log on to a server (which is also connected to a database). I have to get objects from the serverand show them to the user. I believe the low performance is because of the remoting connection with the server.

I am using the exact same window forms in the exact same way in an Windows Form Application and everything works fine.

Do you have any idea about this behaviour?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
Message 4 of 4
ChrisArps

That should not be the case, code running from a dotnet dll should execute exactly as fast in Acad.exe or your own .exe.

There is something defintely funky going on, I use a database as well, but I am using disconnected recordsts. My database size is small enough that reading it into a dataset is not a problem.

I would suggest trying to narrow it down to a simple sample that can be sent to autodesk for analysis.

E.G. Create a .dll that shows the slowdown in acad.exe and also create an exe using the same .dll with no slowdown.

Chris Arps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost