Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from 2010 to 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mark-k5xh
392 Views, 4 Replies

Moving from 2010 to 2013

I recently wrote a routine on AutoCad 2010. Tonight I downloaded a trial copy of 2013. The dll that I created in 2010 will not work in 2013. The NETLOAD command seems to execute without errors but when I type the new command I get an error that says the command can't be found.

The intended target for what I wrote is 2012 but I did not have that available for testing.

This is my first application that I have written that is required to run on a different version from what I have.

Can someone please tell me if this is normal? Must I develope my code on a system what has the intended target version? Or did I fail to do something when I installed 2013?

Thanks,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Mark-k5xh

Hi,

>> Can someone please tell me if this is normal?

>> Must I develope my code on a system what has the intended target version?

It's normal, yes, as 2013 breaks the binary compatibility to 2012 (and before).

Take your project files, replace the referenced lib's to that of 2013 and compile your project. You'll need to make some changes, but that's the way you get it to work with 2013.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 4 of 5
Mark-k5xh

Thanks!

I found that I needed to add an additional reference to the list. I started a new project using 2013 and copied all the source code over. After adding the new ref it all worked.

Mark

Message 5 of 5
chiefbraincloud

Just to be clear, the app you developed for 2010 would have worked in 2012 (barring a couple of minor signature changes), but if you have updated it to 2013 it will NOT work with 2012.  If your target deployment is for 2012, you'll want to go back to your original app, and either test it on a 2012 installation to see if you have used any of the few methods that changed, or obtain a 2012 license to test and debug for 2012. 

The new release of 2013 AutoCAD is the most major API change since the 2006-2007 split.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost