.NET

Contributor
aci_cad
Message 1 of 2 (326 Views)
Accepted Solution

Move a block reference

326 Views, 1 Replies
04-23-2013 11:22 AM
I need to select a block in AutoCAD, and move it up or down vertically. I can get to the point where I have the user select a particular block, but after that, how do I get a reference to the block selected so I can move it up or down?
Valued Mentor
DiningPhilosopher
Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)

Re: Move a block reference

04-23-2013 05:09 PM in reply to: aci_cad

If you're new to AutoCAD .NET programming, you should download the labs, and other learning materials available and go through them. What you're asking is very basic stuff that you need to know before you actually try to write applications or plugins with .NET. Going through the learning materials, labs, and samples will answer your specific question.

Once you get the user's selection (an ObjectId), you have to start a transaction, and then use the transaction to open the selected object, using the ObjectId, which is accessed through the PromptEntityResult object returned by the Editor's GetEntity() method. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community