Did you mean: 

Monitor Check-In Event. Validation before Check-In into vault

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
santoshr0114
725 Views, 9 Replies

Monitor Check-In Event. Validation before Check-In into vault

Dear All,

Before the file is checked Into vaule using AutoCAD i need to do few validations, for that i am planning to use the Longtransactionmanager and checkInEvent.

But if i used that the document will be in Lock mode. and gets checkin into vault.

i want to stop the checkIn event from processing if the validation failes.

Is there any way to get this done?

Regards

Regards
Santosh
Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BlackBox_
in reply to: santoshr0114

Not sure I am understanding you fully... If that is not possible, rather than preventing the check in from happening, perhaps you could instead evaluate the drawing after it has been checked in, is not locked, and then could close/remove the drawing based on failed validation?

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 10
dgorsman
in reply to: BlackBox_

Or, disable any kind of check-in operation unless the file has a validation flag set.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 10
BlackBox_
in reply to: dgorsman

Not sure that I know enough about Vault to have chimed in this early, but certainly if that is possible to accomplish, I'd have to say it would be the OP's preference... Question was how to accomplish?

Message 5 of 10
santoshr0114

OK. Let me try to focus on a simple operation

I have a template for my drawings created in AutoCAD 2014 which is block with attributes.

The user has to enter all the values for all the block attributes before CHECKING-IN the file into vault.

Sometimes user forget some values or might purposely leave a value null due to shortage of time.

I want to validate the block attributes for any null value before the CHECKIN operation is completed.

If there are any invalid or null values the CHECKIN operation has to be aborted and display a message.

This is what i want to do.

Regards
Santosh
Message 6 of 10
santoshr0114

It s event operation. It has nothing to do with vault.
When the checkin event is triggered do some validation and if it fails abort the event.
Regards
Santosh
Message 7 of 10
santoshr0114
in reply to: dgorsman

Ok. This sounds like a workaround. How can i do this?
Disable the checkin?
Regards
Santosh
Message 8 of 10
BlackBox_

I do not use vault, so take from this what you like, it sounds like you either need to hook the checkin event itself, or the Document lockModeChanged event for the insert / attedit / bedit command (forget which one is invoked with block attribute value entry at insert, and am only in my iPhone now), in order to evaluate the block's attribute values and then call the Veto() Method accordingly.

Message 9 of 10
santoshr0114

This sounds ok, this will work only if the user tries to modify the file, or use the block editing command.

I jumped through this link today.

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/08/cancelling_an_a.html.

I am currently travelling. Will try and get back on Monday and its good that you are in sunc using iPhone..

Regards
Santosh
Message 10 of 10
BlackBox_

Instead of the link you posted, using an escape character, this is one that came to mind when making my earlier post, which actually provides a means by which to Veto() the Command:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/10/blocking_autoca.html

... I've made use of this methodology recently here, offering user three TaskDialog options when QUIT is invoked, as an example:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?146176-Warning-upon-exit&p=1248909&viewfull=1#post1248909

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost