Did you mean: 

Learning the AutoCad Parts of VB.Net Programming

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mgorecki
501 Views, 2 Replies

Learning the AutoCad Parts of VB.Net Programming

Hello,

I'm learning VB.Net to apply it to AutoCad programs.  I bought Jerry Winters "VB.Net Programming for AutoCad Custimization" and it really helps, but I need to find more info.  I woul like to see some more in depth articles and examples on things like TabOrder, RenameLayout, etc...

I have this page bookmarked, but can only find limited information (and pretty much nothing on the above two topics).

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20.NET%20Developer's%20Guide/index.html

I come here (and The Swamp) to get more info and I see references to topics like those above, but when I go out in search of them, many times I can't find anything substantial.  Does anyone have any links for VB.Net programming specifically for AutoCad?  You all have been such agreat help so far, so thank you.  Without ever programming in VB.Net for AutoCad before, you've helped me create a really great program that we use at work, so thanks in advance.

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
StephenPreston
in reply to: mgorecki

Have you found the resources linked from www.autodesk.com/developautocad? Once you've worked through the tutorials and developer guide, then you're normally at a level where you can work out how to do things from the reference guide and using ObjectARX samples as additional pseudo-code samples.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
mgorecki
in reply to: StephenPreston

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the link.  I've downloaded some tutorials and will check them out.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost