.NET

Active Contributor
jimmie_fulton
Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)

Jigs and Osnaps

146 Views, 1 Replies
08-01-2006 01:02 PM
I need to draw a polyline, with rubberbanding, and then do some other stuff with it, and then delete it. I'm using a Jig for this and it works well. I'm curious as to why I can't snap to other vertices of my polyline while drawing with the jig. I guess the polyline needs to be db resident? Or does it? If so, what is the best practices for drawing rubberbandable entities with a jig. Should I be adding the non-rubberbanding sections to the db immediately, instead of at the end of the operation?
*Tony Tanzillo
Message 2 of 2 (146 Views)

Re: Jigs and Osnaps

08-01-2006 03:03 PM in reply to: jimmie_fulton
Your guess is right. I'm pretty sure that the PLINE command
does something like what you describe (adds the polyline to
the database and updates it on new vertex you pick).

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006/2007
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5255354@discussion.autodesk.com...
I need to draw a polyline, with rubberbanding, and then do some other stuff with it, and then delete it. I'm using a Jig for this and it works well. I'm curious as to why I can't snap to other vertices of my polyline while drawing with the jig. I guess the polyline needs to be db resident? Or does it? If so, what is the best practices for drawing rubberbandable entities with a jig. Should I be adding the non-rubberbanding sections to the db immediately, instead of at the end of the operation?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community