.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible hook into the Space-Zone Manager of ADT 2007 using C# NET ????

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kosak956
245 Views, 1 Reply

Is it possible hook into the Space-Zone Manager of ADT 2007 using C# NET ????

Hi there,

POINT 1:
I am using C# NET.
Is there a way to hook into the functionality of the Space-Zone Manager of ADT 2007 programmatically in order to extend, process or export the informations stored in its data structure ?
Almost everything I need is already there !
Unfortunatelly you can't export any informations presented there directly from the Space-Zone manager or export surface and surface-components data through property sets (wall-area excluded !!!).
I am thinking of a mechanism like the one hooking into the tabs of the Options Configuration Dialog of ADT 2007.

POINT 2:
How can the "associativity" of the extruded 3D space object be used programmatically in order to get the information of walls, doors, windows etc bounding the space object ?
Through anchors, via a service ???

konstantin
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremytammik
in reply to: kosak956

Dear Konstantinos,

You may be surprised to receive such a late answer. Another developer raised the same questions and pointed to this thread of yours. Here is the situation as of today, in AutoCAD Architecture 2015:

Question 1: Is there a way to hook into the functionality of the Space-Zone Manager of ADT programmatically in order to extend, process or export the informations stored in its data structure?

Answer 1: I do not think we have any chance to extend Space-Zone manager. It’s class is not exported.

Question 2: How can the "associativity" of the extruded 3D space object be used programmatically in order to get the information of walls, doors, windows etc bounding the space object?

Answer 2: We do provide an interface to access the information. For associative extruded spaces, openings’ data are not stored in the space. The method Space. FindSurfaceBoundingOpenings can help to get opening Ids. SpaceSurface also provides two methods, GetAssociativeComponentProfile and GetAssociativeComponentMatrix, to get the profile and ECS of a given opening. To get the extruded space surface’s bounding object Id, you can use the method SpaceSurface.Attribute. SpaceSurface is actually a Segment2d. The bounding object Id is stored as an AttributeId object. Using this Id, the wall information and other bounding object’s properties can be accessed.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost