Did you mean: 

Import PageSetups

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
e.g.
437 Views, 3 Replies

Import PageSetups

Hello everybody,

I am trying to import a page setup into the active drawing; the code works fine but I get an error when trying to save the file: Error writing/closing file. I've attached the code, can someone help me? I need to run the code in batch mode. I've tried different ways of saving but I get the same error.

Thanks,

e.g.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: e.g.

Hi,

I haven't tried anything of your code, but wondering about these things (I would avoid):

• Why do you lock the document twice (in ActiveDrawingImportPageSetups and in CopyPageSetup)
  • What is the TransAction tr in ActiveDrawingImportPageSetups for? You do your transaction-handling in the subroutine already and I don't see any reason for this one (and so for nested transactions).
  • Why do you use COM-object-handling (through PropertyDefinitions of Interop.AcadDocument) for saving, why don't you just use the db.SaveAs version?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
e.g.
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

thanks for your quick answer; I had the extra transaction because I had different pagesetups, for model and paper and some layouts were not initialized so I had to make them active and then import the pagesetup. Anyway, I've updated and attached the sample code; it gives me the same error. My feeling is that I am missing something when using the source database.

Thanks for helping.

e.g.

Message 4 of 4
e.g.
in reply to: e.g.

Ok, I've made a shorter version of the code, and I don't know why I cannot save the file. I've tried to also run the command in application context.

Thanks for any suggestion.

e.g.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost