.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the heart of your app is a dynamic block how can you secure it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Ruselgun
354 Views, 1 Reply

If the heart of your app is a dynamic block how can you secure it?

Hello,

After dynamic blocks instead of writing lines of code i turned into well designed dynamic blocks. But if you distrube it there will be almost no need for your app. How can we secure it?

I tried password protect but when you insert in a drawing once then there is no protection anymore or there may be password breakers out there.

I tried to encrypt/decyrpt files during insertion but it makes your app slow

I wonder if it is possible to embed a block as resource file and insert it in a drawing but will it  be safe as if resource files are written somewhere as temp files ( I don't know)

After insertion dynamic blocks can be ConvertToAnonymousBlock, purged and if supported by undomarks, i think will be safe.

What is your suggestion?

Thanks,

AutoCAD 2011, Windows7 (both 64 bit)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I don't think there's any simple way to protect content-based IP.

Many AutoCAD addins include content, and the only way to secure it is using some scheme that involves the use of  custom objects, and that requires the code to go anywhere the content goes in order for it to be usable to any reasonable extent.

Must customers would probably not accept any solution that prohibits them from distributing their drawings with content that you want to impose those kind of restrictions on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost