.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a vb.net program work in multiple AutoCAD verisions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
btmcad
675 Views, 3 Replies

How do I make a vb.net program work in multiple AutoCAD verisions?

I wrote a program that starts a new drawing, fills out the titleblock, and dumps all titleblock info into an Access database.

This program was developed in VS 2010 by using the Autocad 2012 plug-in template. The program works great in 2012. However, I also need to use it in 2011, but it won't load.

How do I make a program work across multiple Autocad versions?

Thanks

btmcad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SENL1362
in reply to: btmcad

In general 2 thinks to look for:

1. dependancies, i.e. (the location of) acdbmgd.dll;

2. functionality of the AutoCAD version, tables does not exist in pre 2005 versions.

In your case it's probably the path to de acdbmgd.dll.

This behaviour is one of the negative issues of .NET against VB(A).

Message 3 of 4
GTVic

My .NET DLL works from 2007 all the way to 2012 64-bit. I use VS 2008 and debug on AutoCAD 2009 32-bit.

Copy Local should be set to false for all dependancies such as acmgd.dll

Message 4 of 4
chiefbraincloud

Assuming this is a managed assembly, or at least has some managed code in it, you can build it to the 2010 version files and it will work in 2011, 0r 2012, but you can't build it for 2012 and run it in earlier releases.  I still have some users on 2010 AutoCAD, but some others have already been updated to 2012, and my assemblies still work for everyone, but if I rebuilt for 2012, the people on 2010 would no longer be able to load it. 

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost