.NET

Contributor
joshua.prettyman
Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

Hidden Registry Entries

199 Views, 2 Replies
03-22-2012 06:20 AM

I've made quite a few commands recently and I'm looking to publish them throughout my company.  The idea would be to have them demand load, so I'm writing something to make the registry entries.  I'd like to look for the installed products then prompt the user for products that they would like to install to, but when I check the registry some products that aren't installed are showing up.

I should only have version 18.2 installed (according to RegEdit that's correct), but when I run the following query I find I have full fledged hidden entries for 18.1, and 18.0 as well.  Basically though, how do I check which versions are really installed?

RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine;
key = key.OpenSubKey("Software\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD");
string[] str = key.GetSubKeyNames();
MessageBox.Show(string.Join("\n", str));

Mentor
MarkPendergraft
Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Hidden Registry Entries

03-23-2012 08:02 AM in reply to: joshua.prettyman

Look at some of the methods in the Application class.  Particularly Application.UserConfigurationManager.OpenGlobalSection() and Application.Version.

-Mark

Contributor
joshua.prettyman
Message 3 of 3 (153 Views)

Re: Hidden Registry Entries

03-23-2012 07:25 PM in reply to: joshua.prettyman

This is an installation program so it doesn't have access to the AutoCAD libraries... I was hoping to find something unique in the file structure or registry.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community