Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help file installation error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
zzhang2002
509 Views, 3 Replies

Help file installation error

Hi! I downloaded ObjectARX 2012 Documentation - VS2010.msi. I ran the installer package. Then I opened VS 2010. Form Help menu, I chose Manage Help Settings. Then on the Help Library Manager dialog box, I chose Install conten from disk. I selected helpcontentsetup.msha. During installation, it popped up an error message.

An exception has occurred. See the event log for details. The help files were not installed. Here is the content of the related event log error entry.

Log Name: Application

Source: HelpLibManager

EventID: 1003

An error occurred while updating local content: Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheLibCabSignatureException: The digital signature on file c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\HelpLibrary\content\Autodesk, Inc\incoming\4fded98b-55d4-4d12-83ea-86498d9c82c0\AdskManaged.cab could not be verified.

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.<>c__DisplayClass5c.<VerifyAndExtractPackages>b__58(String cabFile)

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.Extensions.Each[T](IEnumerable`1 that, Action`1 lambda)

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.VerifyAndExtractPackages(VendorName vendorName, ChangeDescription change, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.IntegrateChange(VendorName vendorName, ChangeDescription change, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.DocumentationCache.Update(VendorName vendorName, Boolean checkForOnlineUpdates, StatusCallback`1 statusCallback, CertificateCheckCallback certCheckCallback)

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.CacheManager.<>c__DisplayClass24.<UpdateAsync>b__23()

at Microsoft.Help.CacheLib.AsyncOperationRunner.Run(Object state)

Please help.

Thanks,

Zhuo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fenton.webb
in reply to: zzhang2002

That looks like we need to resign the cab files, sorry about that

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 3 of 4
zzhang2002

Thanks for your reply. Which AutoCAD version of .NET reference help files has no digital signature error?

Message 4 of 4
Balaji_Ram

Are you trying to use the ObjectARX documentation from within Visual Studio as integrated help ?

I dont think that is possible yet.

I use it all the time using the online documentation or the local chm files in the docs folder.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost