Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have ObjectID of a Block need to retrieve info

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
greg
495 Views, 4 Replies

Have ObjectID of a Block need to retrieve info

I have stored within an external database a handle of an entity within a drawing.  If I have that drawing open and I retrieve that handle and then get the ObjectID from that Handle how do I convert that to a BlockReference so that I can then get position and attrribute values.  I can get the position and attributes if I can just get the blockreference from the Object ID.

I am using the following code to get the ObjectID from the Handle:

Public Function ObjectIdFromHandle(db As Database, strHandle As String) As ObjectId
        Dim nHandle As Int32 = Int32.Parse(strHandle, Globalization.NumberStyles.AllowHexSpecifier)
        Dim handle As New Handle(nHandle)
        Dim ids(0) As ObjectId
        Try
            ids(0) = db.GetObjectId(False, handle, 0)

Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message.ToString, MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation, "Error in ObjectIDfromHandle")
        End Try
        Return ids(0)
        'Return db.GetObjectId(False, handle, 0)

End Function

I then want to use this ObjectID to get the BlockReference.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_gile
in reply to: greg

Hi,

To get the BlockReference from the ObjectId, you have to open the object, maybe this can help :

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20.NET%20Developer%27s%20Guide/files/WS73099cc142f4875...

PS: since A2012 (I think) there's a Database.TryGetObjectId() method

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 3 of 5
greg
in reply to: _gile

I guess I should also add that I am using code that generates an error telling me that unable to cast an object from BlockTable to BlockTableReference.  

I have been taking my handles and getting the objectid and then creating a selection set from those objectids and then using selection sets to get the information I need from the entities but I thought if I did not need to convert to a selection set first I may save some overhead.  But maybe this isnt possible.

Below one option I was trying to use but I get the unable to cast blocktable to blockreference error.

Using Lock As DocumentLock = myDoc.LockDocument
                For i As Integer = 0 To PointSSetBindingSource.Count - 1

Using trans As Transaction = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction
                        Dim bt As BlockTable = trans.GetObject(db.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForWrite)
                        Dim btr As BlockTableRecord = trans.GetObject(bt(BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace), OpenMode.ForWrite)

Dim BlockObjectID As ObjectId = ObjectIdFromHandle(db, PointSSetBindingSource(i)("SelectionSetID").ToString)

'  Have attempted to use the following and many many more
                        'Dim bref As BlockReference = trans.GetObject(BlockObjectID , OpenMode.ForRead)
                        'Dim bref As BlockReference = DirectCast(trans.GetObject(BlockObjectID, OpenMode.ForRead), BlockReference)
                        'Dim bref As BlockReference = BlockObjectID.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead)

End Using

Next

End Using

Message 4 of 5
AubelecBE
in reply to: greg

here my code for get a BlockReference From a Handle.

This Handle is on Cell of DatagridView.

Dim RefBloc As BlockReference = Nothing
                       Dim Txt As String = ""
                        Txt = DatagridVeiw1.SelectedCells.Item(0).OwningRow.Cells.Item(.ColumnCount - 1).Value.ToString()

Dim db As Database = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase
                        Dim tr As Transaction = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
                        Try
                            Dim objID As ObjectId = db.GetObjectId(False, New Handle(Int64.Parse(Txt, Globalization.NumberStyles.AllowHexSpecifier)), 0)
                            RefBloc = tr.GetObject(objID, OpenMode.ForRead)
                            Dim acDoc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
                            Dim acEd As Editor = acDoc.Editor
                            Dim ext As Extents3d
                            ext = RefBloc.GeometricExtents
                            ext.TransformBy(acEd.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem.Inverse())
                            ''test  affichage du carré :
                            'Dim Newrec As New Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Polyline
                            'Newrec.AddVertexAt(0, New Point2d(ext.MinPoint.X, ext.MinPoint.Y), 0, 0, 0)
                            'Newrec.AddVertexAt(1, New Point2d(ext.MaxPoint.X, ext.MinPoint.Y), 0, 0, 0)
                            'Newrec.AddVertexAt(2, New Point2d(ext.MaxPoint.X, ext.MaxPoint.Y), 0, 0, 0)
                            'Newrec.AddVertexAt(3, New Point2d(ext.MinPoint.X, ext.MaxPoint.Y), 0, 0, 0)
                            'Newrec.Closed = True

'Dim btr As BlockTableRecord = tr.GetObject(db.CurrentSpaceId, OpenMode.ForWrite)
                            'btr.AppendEntity(Newrec)
                            'tr.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(Newrec, True)

''GestionAUTOCAD.ZoomWin(False, acEd, ext.MinPoint, ext.MaxPoint)
                        Catch ex As Exception
                            'erreur
                            If ex.Message = "eNullExtents" Then
                                MsgBox("Le bloc choisi n'a aucune forme visible" & _
                                       vbCrLf & "Impossible de l'afficher !", vbOKOnly, "Erreur Système")
                            Else
                                MsgBox(ex.ToString, vbOKOnly, "Erreur Système")
                            End If
                            OkErr = True
                        Finally
                            RefBloc = Nothing
                            tr.Commit()
                            tr.Dispose()
                        End Try

This code retrieve the blockreference from a Handle (Stored in String on a Cell)

and i zoom on the block. (in ' you have the code for create à polyligne ).

here the code for the sub ZoomWin

'**********************************************************************************
    'Function de zoom 
    ' Dim acDoc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
    ' Dim acEd As Editor = acDoc.Editor
    '--> 
    ' Entrée : 
    ' debug         : True : permet d'afficher les infos du zoom
    '   ed          : l'editor d'autocad  
    '   min         : un point 2D min
    '   max onymous : un point 2D max
    ' Sortie 
    '   Rien
    '**********************************************************************************
    Public Sub ZoomWin(ByVal debug As Boolean, ByVal ed As Editor, ByVal min As Point3d, ByVal max As Point3d)

Dim lower As String = min.ToString().Substring(1, min.ToString().Length - 2)
        Dim upper As String = max.ToString().Substring(1, max.ToString().Length - 2)

Dim cmd As String = "_.ZOOM _W " + lower + " " + upper + " "

If debug = True Then
            ed.Document.SendStringToExecute(cmd, True, False, True)
        Else
            ed.Document.SendStringToExecute(cmd, True, False, False)
        End If

End Sub

Message 5 of 5
greg
in reply to: AubelecBE

Ohh my...Sometimes I just dont see the obvious!  I was using the wrong field from my binding source.  All is good now.

Just a general question..is it faster to go directly to the block reference instead of creating a selection set and then getting the info...I assume it would almost have to be but just thought I would ask for general thoughts.  I suppose if it is a polyline that I need to alter I would need to go with the selection set route?

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost