Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handouts, code from Jerry Winters courses at AU

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
btackes
956 Views, 13 Replies

Handouts, code from Jerry Winters courses at AU

Has anyone had any luck getting the handouts or code for the courses Jerry Winters gave at AU this year. Unfortunately I was only able to attend CP205-1 VSTA: The Future of VBA. I've emailed him with the address he gave on his two side Power Point presentation but no response.

Also has anyone read his new book? I'd like to get it but Amazon.com had only two reviews and one said they were waiting 6 weeks and still hadn't received the book and that was posted yesterday. That review and the fact he hasn’t responded to my email has me concerned about shelling out the money for the book.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
civil3d.pe
in reply to: btackes

I am interested in obtaining Jerry's AU handouts that aren't posted on the AU website as well as his code samples.

He did reply to an email a couple of months ago and emailed me the setup file for his vb.net express project template. He replied with in a few hours.

I am also interested in Jerry's book.

Jerry if you read this post could you give us an update on the availability of your book on your website and on amazon.

Also if you could post your AU handouts and data sets on your website that would be excellent.

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 14
dmx100

I recently got it Amazon.com - 1 week to deliver from US to UK. Not had proper read of it yet though.
Message 4 of 14
Guy Lowndes

I ordered the book from Amazon.com one week before christmas and asked for delivery last Friday, it arrived in the UK today.

The book looks good though.
Message 5 of 14
NathTay

You guys are lucky. I ordered my copy from amazon on May 08 2007 and it was delayed twice. The final delivery estimate which made me spit the dummy and cancel my order was 01/15/2008 - 01/23/2008.
Message 6 of 14
btackes

I did finally her from Jerry and got a link to the source files for CP401-1 Creating Jigs in VB.NET: An Introduction. No luck on any of the other courses or handouts.

I did order his book from Amazon.com on Monday the 28th and received an e-mail today saying it was shipped so it looks like the distribution problems may be taken care of..
Message 7 of 14
jason.brenton

I got his book late last year, "VB.Net Programming for AutoCAD Custimization" and it does cover many of the basics you need to get started. I find it a little lacking in advanced material, but most of that i have found through web research (here and other places). I am looking for a couple of things still, in case one of these courses i missed covered it, advanced transforms such as mirror, and asignment of dynamic block properties to individual block refs.
Message 8 of 14
ml0940

I have the one on ACAD and .net; is that what you guys are looking for?

I am also anxious to get the book but I hope it is a little more concise then the handout.

It is very good in teaching you how to Import ACAD-VBA code into .net but he seems to leave a few important details out that I was able to get help with from a friend.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of his book that they'd like to sell used?

Thanks
ML
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

ml0940 wrote:

> Does anyone happen to have a copy of his book that they'd like to
> sell used?

It's on Amazon for around $50, got mine last week. Looks good.

Terry
Message 10 of 14
ml0940

Hey guys

I'm sorry to say that I can not post the handout form AU because there are explicit copyrights in it. Glad I checked 🙂
In court would not be a good way to meet Jerry 🙂

Yes, i saw the book on Amazon for like $57 however, I don't think that I want to pay that much for it; especially since I have heard conflicting opinions about it.

Jerry is one smart guy, I must say.
Ahead of the curb with .net as it relates to ACAD and writing books. He must be doing well with this one.

Smart guy.

ML
Message 11 of 14
WM0ren0

I bought the book on line a few weeks ago, it still has not shipped. I tried contacting Jerry by e-mail and have not got a response back, I also called the phone number and spoke to someone who told me the book was going to be sent out the next day, that was weeks ago. Since then I've called and left several messages and (They) have not called me back. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. He took my money and I've yet to receive the book... BUYER BEWARE !!!!

Message 12 of 14
Mike.Wohletz
in reply to: WM0ren0

I have purchased his last two books direct from his web site and received them within 10 days or less after ordering them, You need to email and or call Jerry if you don't have the book and have ordered it from him. If you ordered it from someplace other than vbcad.com then that is not his problem, Jerry is in no way shape or form trying to take your money so warning other buyers to beware is not needed at all.

Message 13 of 14
WM0ren0
in reply to: Mike.Wohletz

Well, Mike he took my money and won't return my phone calls or reply to my e-mails... By the way, I did purchase the book from VBcad.com. I do like the soft copy I was able to download. Now, if I only had the book I paid for?

Message 14 of 14
SrPiper
in reply to: WM0ren0

Guys,

I am reading these posts after having ordered Jerry's newest book on april 20, 2011, my credit card was charged on the 21st, order tracking on vbcad site shows order is pending. I have called twice and got a machine and left a message with my number and have emailed with no replys. the last entry he made on his twitter page was Mar 10, 2011 and he was testing. I truly hope nothing bad has happened as Jerry seems to be a well known and respected person in the autocad world.

has anyone heard from or about Jerry Winters this spring?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost