.NET

Active Contributor
NLeininger
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

Getting Method 'get_Item' in type 'Autodesk...' from assebly 'Acdbmgd..' error

125 Views, 1 Replies
06-13-2013 09:09 AM

My question is it possible to run these assemblies outside of AutoCad completely, or do they need to run inside an instance of AutoCad to work correctly?

For example, I'm trying to write some applications such that I want to read a Autocad drawing, but don't want to be forced into having to use a seat licenese to run my program.

using (Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Database acDb = new Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Database(false, false))
                    {
                        acDb.ReadDwgFile(fileToProcess, FileShare.ReadWrite, false, string.Empty);

acdb is still an empty object when run outside of AutoCad, however when I run similar code inside AutoCad the database is configured correctly.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: Getting Method 'get_Item' in type 'Autodesk...' from assebly 'Acdbmgd..' err

06-13-2013 02:51 PM in reply to: NLeininger

You can't read DWG files sans AutoCAD without some extra help, such as purchasing a RealDWG license.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community