.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetPoint method is cancelled after diplaying Preview.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aales
563 Views, 4 Replies

GetPoint method is cancelled after diplaying Preview.

I display Preview, then modal form with some options.

One option needs select window but I receive *Cancel* in command line.

If I try to select a window again, everything works OK.

If I disable displaying Preview, it works fine, but function is useless for my purposesSmiley Frustrated

I have only an idea, that Preview in some way affects Editor but I do not have any idea how I get rid off this behavior.

(Something like this I found in this topic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/PalleteSet-GetPoint-glitch-in-06/m-p/1708701/highlight/true#M4075)

I tried Regen, UpdateScreen, etc. after displaying Preview but with no effect.

Thanks for any opinion.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: aales

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by 'Preview', can you please clarify?

If you are using forms and editor selection, have you looked at UserInteraction object from Editor.StartUserInteraction? That helps you handle the transition.

Regards,

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 5
aales

Sorry, 'Preview' means standard AutoCAD Plot Preview called by PlotFactory.CreatePreviewEngine and connected methods.

I tried to wrap using editor selection with EditorUserInteraction object, but without effect.

Yesterday I tried before calling GetPoint method call Editor.DoPrompt method, which "consume" *Cancel* and then GetPoint worked. But...I have some machines (I don't know, what is different in them), where everything works OK and there routine will stop for user input...

Message 4 of 5
Balaji_Ram

Hi,

It is usually hard to say what might be going wrong if it is system specific.

Can you try to export the system variables (using sysvdlg command) from the system in which you have this problem and compare it with the values that you get in your working system ?

This may provide some clue.

Also, if you can provide me a buildable sample project, I can take a look at it.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
aales

Hi,

thanks for interest.

I exported and compared system variables from both machines. I didn't find anything suspicious. I attached both files.

I've been thinking about differences in both machines and one is. The machine, where routine doesn't work, has installed third party SW for AutoCAD. It is interface for SAP by Cideon company. And I am sure that routine worked a few month ago on all machines. Surely before intallation Cideon SW. But if it was stopped work immediatelly after installation, I don't know. I tested uninstall this SW but without effect.

I will try prepare simple project but it will take me some time.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost