Did you mean: 

Find all connected entities

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
kennylo
496 Views, 1 Reply

Find all connected entities

I have a requirement to find all connected entities on a given line of a plant P&ID. In other words given a certain line or reference point the requirement is to 'walk the line' and list off all entities (with certain attributes and in order) that are connected on a line.

Now not having any experience with underlying object models and API's someone might save me a ton of time and let me know whether A) this is possible B) which object model to use - I'm a bit confused as to which one to use.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hgasty1001
in reply to: kennylo

Hi,

While I know nothing of plant P&ID, i think it's perfectly doable, may be using a custom graph structure, or resorting to a library like quickgraph, also it's no very dificult to implement an algorithm to find connected lines, just get the endpoints of a starting line and select recursiveley other lines at the end points of each line you are finding this way, you will need to take some care to mark visited nodes or lines in order to get a proper term condition of the recursive algorithm as usual with this kind of routines.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost