Filter multiple object types

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rob.O
1510 Views, 3 Replies

Filter multiple object types

Hi all!

I have searched for info on how to filter multiple object types (here, the swamp, google, and the docs) and have come up empty handed.  I have code that filters out everything except for blocks (INSERT) with a few additional parameters to exclude blocks of a certain name, but I also need to include MULTILEADERS in the selection filter.

Here is the code I have for the INSERT filter:

acTypValAr = New TypedValue() {New TypedValue(DxfCode.Start, "INSERT"), New TypedValue(-4, "<NOT"), _
                                      New TypedValue(2, "BLOCKA,BLOCKB,BLOCKC,BLOCKD"), _
                                      New TypedValue(-4, "NOT>")}

Any ideas on how to add MULTILEADERS to this selection filter as well?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adadnet
in reply to: Rob.O

hi, have you tried adding 'New TypedValue(DxfCode.Start, "MLEADER")' into the parameter list?

(autodesk's dxf reference lists MLEADER in the same way as INSERT for blockreferences, along with further distinction into mleader context, mleader node and mleader line.)

Message 3 of 4
_gile
in reply to: Rob.O

Hi,

While the values are strings in a selection filter TypedValue, you can have multiple strings separated with commas (as with your block names):

new TypedValue(0, "INSERT,MULTILEADER");

The more complete documentation about selection filters is in the LISP docs:

Developer Documentation > AutoLISP Developer's Guide > Using the AutoLISP Language > Using AutoLISP to Manipulate AutoCAD Objects > Selection Set Handling > Selection Set Filter Lists and related topics. Just repalce LISP dotted pairs with TypedValues.

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 4 of 4
Rob.O
in reply to: _gile

Perfect!  

I didn't even think of trying that Gile!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost