Did you mean: 

Edit and continue with Visual Studio 2013 in 64 bit environment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rtejada
2258 Views, 5 Replies

Edit and continue with Visual Studio 2013 in 64 bit environment

Hi,

I just installed the just released Visual Studio 2013 Professional x86 in a Windows 7 X64 with AutoCAD 2014 X64 computer hopping to check the Edit and Continue feature as advertised in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2013/06/26/debugging-support-for-64-bit-edit-and-con...

Did not work for me,

Has anybody been able to do it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rtejada
in reply to: rtejada

I just checked in the article that the edit and continue feature was explained for a asp.net application, what I am using is a windows form .net one, this may be only applicable for web applications. Any other comments will be appreciated

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
tleaxavia
in reply to: rtejada

Hello!

It is working for me! Just start from a C# project your acad.exe with managed debugging only (no system code debugging activated, no attach to process...)

But with this solution I have the problem, that all ACAD attributes are invisible on the drawing erea. Also other users have seen this problem here in the group....

Message 4 of 6
rtejada
in reply to: tleaxavia

Thanks for your help, I am using vb.net and I could not find managed debugging only option. I am keep getting the "Changes to 64-bit applications are not allowed"

Regards

RT

Message 5 of 6
jdherman
in reply to: tleaxavia

MText and DBText is also invisible when executing code in debug mode.  The same dll loaded after starting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 (not debugging) works fine the text shows up.  A grip shows up for the text when using quickselect and text contents show up in properties, but text is not visible in debug mode.

Message 6 of 6
tleaxavia
in reply to: jdherman

Hello,

The problem with VS2013 and the invisible text desccused here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Visual-Studio-2013-Preview-and-AutoCAD-Blocks-with-Attributes/td-p...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost