.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing a block reference using world draw in jig, causing too much flickering.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
324 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing a block reference using world draw in jig, causing too much flickering.

Hi,

I am using WorldDraw() in jig to draw a block reference as I move the cusror(something similar to preview cursor). But I observe there is too much flickering even if I have the point comparison to return SamplerStatus.NoChange in the Sampler().

Could someone help me with this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

It is somewhat hardware (video card of the computer) related, depending on whether hardware acceleration is on or off (usually it is on). There are 2 system veriables that you can try to change their value to improve or worsen the said flickering effect: DRAGP1 and DRAGP2. When hardware Acceleration is on, you could try to reduce DRAGP1 value from default 5000 (if my memory serves me correct, because I had the same issue with my DrawJig with my old, low-end computer back a few years ago. You can try both reducing or increasing the value, of course). But it seems computer/hardware related, so you may not want to make the aproach of changing DRAGP1/2 value into your code as hard-coded solution.

It seems this only happens to Jigs derived from DrawJig. Personally, I prefer using TransientGraphics in conjunction with Editor.PointMinitor handler and Editor.GetXXX() over DrawJig.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: norman.yuan

I will try this out.

Thanks-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost