Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Snapshot

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
PeterKelec3372
369 Views, 0 Replies

Drawing Snapshot

Hello, I am slowly porting all of my code (COM based) into C#.NET. So far I like it, however I cannot seem to get one thing working. In my application, the user can create a snapshot of the active view and save it for documentation purposes. I used to create the snapshots with the HBITMAP and document HWND approach, but this is no good if 3D acceleration is enabled. I also found the View->GetSnapshot method but this is where I've been struggling for the last 4-5 days.

I tried to follow Kean Walmsley's article (http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/04/taking_a_snapsh_1.html) but I'd like to solve the following issues.

1. This approach is just not usable for large drawings (it just takes too long to copy all of the entities).

2. Paper Space with a model space viewport is a no go, it just captures the viewport boundaries with no model space entities.

I also tried to just generate the view with GraphicsManager.GetGsView(#, true). This is perfectly fast, however once the snapshot is taken, the default view is sort of messed up (entities are skewed and missplaced).

Is there an alternitive approach that would allow me to create a snapshot of the active view (viewport) that is fast (even for large drawings) and works for model space as well as for paper space?

Any advice is appreciated. Edited by: PeterKelec3372 on Sep 8, 2009 5:57 PM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost