Did you mean: 

Disable Update OLE dialog

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
383 Views, 5 Replies

Disable Update OLE dialog

HI everyone,

I'm compilling a VB programm to batch print every DWG drawing to PDF (we've got like 25000 of them)

My program works ok, exept for one point : Sometimes, it opens an old DWG file which had an OLE object in it, so Autocad ask, with a dialog box, if the user wants to update the linked OLE object. At this point, my program stop running and wait until someone click an answer.

Do you know a way to disable this dialog box or to answer it yes or no (it doesn't matter) automatically, so my program could continue to run ?

Thank you.

Bastien

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Littlerubarb
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Littlerubarb

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but I already tried it end unfortunately it didn't work 😞

As I understand, the Hiadeable dialog boxes are the one with the checkbox "Do this for all the other drawing" or something like that.

Here is a screenshot of what the dialog boxe I want to get rid off look like :

OLE Update dialog box

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Ed.Jobe

Too bad there wasn't a sysvar for ole like proxynotice. What I would do is open the file in a side db and check for ole objects. If there isn't any, go ahead and open the file for plotting. If there is, log it and don't open it. After the batch finishes, you can deal with the files that had ole in them.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Littlerubarb
in reply to: Ed.Jobe
Message 6 of 6
mcicognani

You may want to give a look to this post of mine. It contains a different tecnique to intercept dialogs and close them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost