Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging super slow using VS2010 .Net 4.0 + acad 2012 64bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
leoonardoo
793 Views, 5 Replies

Debugging super slow using VS2010 .Net 4.0 + acad 2012 64bit

I ported my application from .Net 3.5 (using VS2008)  to .Net 4.0 (using VS2010). Now it takes minutes to run code in debug that takes seconds when the debugger is not attached (and that was fast in VS2008 with or without the debugger attached).

When step-by-step debugging in VS2010, I can see that functions such as SelectAll take seconds to execute, while they are executed in realtime while debuggin in the old VS2008 code.

This looks similar to 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/Debugging-64bit-very-slow-for-C3D-2012-...

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Why-is-the-debugging-process-slow/td-p/3538906

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Have you tried with fresh new project? (created on VS2010)

Maybe there is something on the project that was not properly migrated...

Also, are you using .NET only? Any Interop DLLs?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 6
CADbloke
in reply to: leoonardoo

Is Visual Studio loading a bunch of Symbols for AutoCAD DLLs? Have you got Visual Studio set to debug "just my code"? What is actually happening? Is there a long delay before launch, is the execution slow (yes, you mentioned that), are there any messages in the status bar of Visual Studio? To status bar is where it tells you about loading symbols and other things it is doing. I mention symbols because that one is an impatience trigger for me.
- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com
Message 4 of 6

Sorry to bring this up again, but now I have to use a v4.0 external lib, so I really need to be able to debug with v4.0.

1) I tried creating a brand new project with a simple SelectAll. Same problem

2) I tried Autocad 2013. Same problem.

Again: 

Running an app without debugging is not a problem, no matter the Framework version.

When debugging an app using the v4.0 framework, simple tasks like:

Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.SelectAll(acSelFtr);

take ages to complete: on v3.5 the line takes nothing to be executed while debugging, in v4.0 it takes more than 1 second.

Detaching the debugger -> fast no matter the framework used.

Message 5 of 6
leoonardoo

bump

Message 6 of 6
Otto_Cad

Another bump...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost