Message 1 of 4
lukehuang
1111 Views, 3 Replies

Debug project from Visual Studio 2010 will crash ACAD when type in "Netload"

Not sure if it happens to any of you have the same settings:

AutoCAD 2012 (base version)

Visual Studio 2010 (with SP1)

ObjectARX.net 2012

Start ACAD from Visual Studio 2010 debug session, and type in "netload" to load my dll, soon after the file dialog popup, it crash the ACAD.

It won't happen if start ACAD 2012 (not thru VS2010 debugger) and run "netload"

Any idea?

btw, my project had to work with .Net 4 as I am using part of EF 4.0 feature so can't go back to early .Net version.

so change the acad.exe.config using other .Net version won't work (although it won't crash any more)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: lukehuang

That is not expected behavior. I've not heard of that happening before. However, you seem to be talking about editing the acad.exe.config file to force an earlier version of the .NET Framework to load. AutoCAD 2012 requires Framework 4, so if you force it to load an earlier framework version then it will probably crash.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
lukehuang
in reply to: StephenPreston

It does happen to my case.

I remember someone posted another topic about show up "Modal dialog" will possible crash the AutoCAD 2012 when debugging from VS2010. I had the same issue many times when click the menu "Save" or "New/Open" file when the file dialog pops up. "Netload" does the same and will popup the dialog window (in Modal mode). So I guess that's the cause of every crash but not know why.

btw, as for now I didn't change the .Net version inside the acad.exe.config as I need 4.0 net (I am working on SQL Server and use MS EF 4.0 which require 4.0 .Net runtime).

Message 4 of 4
lukehuang
in reply to: lukehuang

hmm, it seems of my local PC installation problem. might be some other sdk/software installation has cause the crash.

I try install a fresh new copy VS2010 and a fresh new copy of AutoCAD 2012 and objectARX. Everything is fine so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost