.NET

Mentor
mgorecki
Message 1 of 3 (238 Views)

DLL Not Being Creted in bin/Debug Folder

238 Views, 2 Replies
11-16-2012 01:32 PM

Ok, I don't know why this stopped working, but when I used to pick the green arrow (Debug) to test my code, it would automatically create the .dll in the Debug folder.  For this one program, it has stopped doing that.  I have to build the .dll and then use that one (from the Release folder). 

I've compared the properties from this program to my other programs, but couldn't find anything that stuck out to me.

Does anyone have an idea of what I should look into to correct this issue and have it start saving the .dll in the Debug folder again?

Thanks,

Mark

Valued Mentor
fieldguy
Message 2 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: DLL Not Being Creted in bin/Debug Folder

11-16-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: mgorecki

Check the Compile page (Project->Properties).  There is a "Build output path:".

I have noticed that this changes but have not narrowed it down to a cause - it could be when updating references.

Mentor
mgorecki
Message 3 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: DLL Not Being Creted in bin/Debug Folder

11-19-2012 02:56 PM in reply to: fieldguy

I checked that and it was set to "bin/Debug", but I did notice at tthe top of the window, just below the menu bar, there is a pull-down called "Solution Configurations".  I set that to "Debug" and now it's working like before.  I don't remember changing that, but maybe I did by accident.

Thanks for your response though.

Mark

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community