.NET

Valued Contributor
deathman20
Message 1 of 1 (85 Views)

Customized Tool Bar - Work with Factory Design Suite?

85 Views, 0 Replies
07-19-2012 07:20 AM

Ok currently I got a bunch of nice buttons that I created that linked blocks to be inserted into a drawing.  Some of the previous thread on that below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Total-n00b-trying-to-use-net-to-create-ribbon-bar-addins/td-p/2880...

Though now we are starting to use factory design suite... trying to figure out a way to well combine those blocks into the ribbon bar but having a issue with that.

For example I have a directory as such..

DKHSFactory Design Suite Cloud FilesBottle Conveyors01ChainMT01M_Geruest_0_2012-07-19_09-10-29.jpg

in the Family.xml file i need a string (<Family ID="FCAF6577-1DAB-4644-88AF-8BCE41E463A8">) which I need to make like this FDS_FCAF6577-1DAB-4644-88AF-8BCE41E463A8_Asset.  This then needs to be the block name that will be inserted into the drawing.  Now this tag changes for EVERY file and I want it to be automatic.

Now in my current code I have these items already setup.

This is the shortcut command for the code

Private Sub InitBottleButton(ByRef rb, ByVal strText, ByVal bmpImage, ByVal strToolTip)
        rb.Text = strText
        rb.Name = strText
        rb.CommandParameter = "InsertBottleConveyor "
        rb.Image = bmpImage
        rb.LargeImage = bmpImage
        rb.ToolTip = strToolTip
        rb.CommandHandler = New AdskCommandHandler()
    End Sub

Here is the button command.

Dim rb1CS500 As New RibbonButton()
        InitBottleButton(rb1CS500, "01M_Geruest_0500", getBitmap(My.Resources._01M_Geruest_050032_16), "Straight 500")

Now is there a way that I can change this to make a "new block" with the FDS_(code from file)_Asset?

Also the code setup as shown allows me to select the file click a location and rotates the block as I see fit, as well lets me choose if I want to select a point on the block for insertion point.

Any help apperciated!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community