.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom entity wrapper – trapping error if DBX is not loaded…

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
narayanan_d
306 Views, 0 Replies

Custom entity wrapper – trapping error if DBX is not loaded…

Hello,

I had created a custom entity derived from AcDbEntity in unmanaged C++ using ObjectARX 2007 wizard. I also created a suitable ARX application to draw the custom entity in AutoCAD, just to serve as a proof that my DBX part is coded fully and working fine.

Then I created a managed C++ wrapper for the above said custom entity using mixed mode code. This also went flawless.

Then I created a managed C# application in which I will use this custom entity, through the wrapper and post it to AutoCAD’s database. This too went flawless.

The dependency relationship is like this:

C# UI depends on wrapper. Wrapper depends on DBX.

But my problem is this: I want to have a mechanism that will help me to throw a user friendly message when the dependent module is not loaded. This mechanism is required in the managed application end, to check whether the wrapper is loaded or not. I had successfully done this. The mechanism is also required in the wrapper to handle the exception when the required DBX is not loaded. I am unable to successfully trap this exception.

In the class of acrxEntryPoint.cpp in wrapper I have the InitAppMsg handler:

virtual AcRx::AppRetCode On_kInitAppMsg (void *pkt)
{
AcRx::AppRetCode retCode =AcRxDbxApp::On_kInitAppMsg (pkt);
//
}

The exception due to unavailability of DBX is thrown at AutoCAD’s screen even before entering these lines of code.

Any idea, how to trap this exception?

Thanks,
Narayanan
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost